Planning a child's party is not easy. The details can be overwhelming, and you want to make sure everything is just right for the mom-to-be. One of the most important aspects of any baby shower is the theme. A great theme will help guide the decorations, activities and more. Especially since it's easy to buy decorations for different ideas. For example, flowers or balloons. To help you narrow down your search, we've compiled a list of the best baby shower themes that every mom-to-be will love. From classic to contemporary, there's something for everyone! Read on to get inspired and find out which theme best suits your mom-to-be's tastes.
History of Baby Shower
The tradition of throwing a party for an expectant mother and her baby originated in late 19th century Egypt. In those days, the celebration took place after the birth of the baby, as the Egyptians believed that pregnant women were not allowed to attend parties.
In its modern form - with the celebration a few months before the birth - the baby shower took shape in the United States after World War II. Over time, the custom migrated to Europe.
Literally, "baby shower" translates as "baby shower. The expectant mother is "showered" with gifts and pleasantries. According to tradition, the party is held at a friend's house, and the heroine of the occasion until the last moment has no idea where the holiday will be. Previously, only women were present at such an event - today it is possible to invite men as well.
At the party must be experienced mothers, as well as women without children. All invitees bring gifts to the future child. There is a relaxed, pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
Especially relevant is the baby shower before the birth of the first child - there is a special thrill and magic of the event. Traditionally, the party is held at 7-8 months of pregnancy. The organization of the party is usually engaged in friends of future mothers.
How to choose the perfect baby shower theme?
When it comes to choosing a baby shower theme, the options are endless. But with so many cute and trendy themes to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you?
Here are some things to consider when choosing a baby shower theme:
- The mom-to-be's style and personality: Is she classic and traditional, or more funky and fun? Choosing a theme that reflects her style will make the shower all the more special.
- The season: A summer baby shower might call for a lighter, brighter theme, while a fall or winter baby shower can be cozy and warm.
- The guest list: Is it mostly family, friends, or co-workers? Depending on who is coming, you might want to choose a theme that is more appropriate for them.
- The location: Will the baby shower be held at someone's home, or at a rented space like a banquet hall or restaurant? The location can help narrow down your theme choices.
- Your budget: Baby showers can be as simple or elaborate as you want, but it's important to stay within your budget when choosing decorations, food, invitations, etc.
Under the sea themed baby shower
A sea-themed baby shower is a fun and unique way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a new little one! Here are some ideas to help you plan the perfect under-the-sea themed baby shower:
Decorations: Use blue and green balloons and streamers to decorate the room. Hang posters of ocean animals around the room. Set up a table with seashells, starfish, and sand dollars.
Food: Serve seafood appetizers like shrimp cocktail and crab-cakes. For the main course, have a fish fry or serve grilled salmon. Don’t forget to include some refreshing drinks like cocktails with blueberries or minty mojitos!
Entertainment: Play ocean-themed games like “Guess the Baby Food” (where guests have to guess what type of baby food is in each jar) or “name that tune” (but with songs about the ocean). You could also hire a professional mermaid to come and entertain the guests!
Disney themed baby shower
A Disney themed baby shower is the perfect way to celebrate the impending arrival of your little one! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Decorate with balloons, banners, and other Disney-themed decorations.
- Serve up some delicious Disney-themed snacks and drinks.
- Play fun Disney-themed games like guess the character or name that tune.
- Give out Disney-themed prizes for the winners of the games.
- Set up a photo booth with props and backdrops inspired by your favorite Disney movies.
The main task of the baby shower is to surround the mother-to-be with care, love, and support.
Here are a few tips to make the party comfortable and relaxed:
- Invite in advance. Let your guests know about the upcoming celebration at least 2-3 weeks in advance. Specify the theme and dress code.
- Close Circle. No need to invite to baby shower strangers and distant people - this is an intimate celebration, and let it be only those with whom the mother-to-be is pleasant to be around.
- An easy menu. Prepare healthy dishes, cut fresh fruits and vegetables, order something exotic. Avoid fast food, alcohol, and heavy foods. Serve the table with tableware that fits the theme of the party. You can choose disposable ones with cute prints.
- Make a comfortable place for the pregnant woman. Prepare a chair, a sofa, a wide chair with a plaid. The expectant mother should be as comfortable as possible.
- Photographer. Hire a photographer to capture the trembling moments.