Now the question is should you stop coloring your hairs? If your answers is no then take special everyday care and occasional hair treatment sessions to keep your locks healthy and gorgeous. Today let me tell the ins and outs of caring for colored hair, ensuring that your tresses remain as vibrant as the day you left the salon.
1. Choose the Right Products:
1. Color-Safe Shampoo and Conditioner: Invest in sulfate-free, color-safe shampoo and conditioner. These products are formulated to be gentle on your hair while preserving your color.
- Kerastase Chroma Absolu Bain Chroma Respect
- OGX ColorGlam Ultra Hydrating Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair
- OGX ColorGlam Ultra Hydrating Conditioner for Color-Treated Hair
- OGX Hydrate & Color Reviving + Lavender Luminescent Platinum Conditioner
2. Leave-In Conditioner: A leave-in conditioner helps maintain moisture and prevent color fading. Look for one with UV protection for added defense against sun damage.
2. Adjust Your Washing Routine
Overwashing can strip color. Try to wash your hair every 2-3 days instead of daily. Limiting washing can be a good change for your overall health as well. Also rinse your hair with cold water. Cold water helps seal the hair cuticles, locking in color and shine.
3. Protect from UV and Heat
You have t protect your hairs along with your skin from sun rays. Sun exposure can cause color fading. Use hair products with UV protection or wear a hat when outdoors, specially during peak hours of sun. The other heat source is heating tools. Use heat styling tools sparingly and apply a heat protectant spray before using them.
4. Deep Conditioning
As i said earlier, coloring do make hairs dry and you need to focus on the proper nourishment of hairs. Apply a deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep your hair moisturized and vibrant. Also consider using color-enhancing masks that are designed to refresh and boost your hair's color between salon visits.
- L'Oreal Elvive Hyaluron 8 Second Wonder Water with Hyaluronic Acid
- Olaplex No. 9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum
5. Avoid Chlorine and Saltwater
Chlorine and saltwater can be harsh on colored hair. Wear a swim cap or apply a leave-in conditioner before swimming to create a protective barrier.
6. Cool It Down
Hot showers can strip color. Opt for lukewarm or cool water when shampooing and conditioning.
7. Trim Regularly
Schedule regular trims every 6-8 weeks to remove split ends and keep your hair looking healthy.
8. Be Mindful of Products
Avoid harsh ingredients and be cautious of products containing alcohol or sulfates, as they can be drying and damaging to colored hair.
9. Professional Care
Professional color maintenance is necessary for colored hairs. Visit your hairstylist for regular color touch-ups and treatments to keep your color looking fresh.
10. Gentle Styling
Gentle brushing is key to keep your pulling and breaking. Use a wide-tooth comb or a brush designed for detangling to minimize breakage and preserve your color.
11. Color Correction
Professional advice can save your from major damage. If you're considering a drastic color change or if your color requires correction, consult a professional colorist to avoid damaging your hair.
12. Be Cautious with Home Kits
Home kits can be very appealing and if you're using at-home color kits, read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid unwanted results.
Overall taking care of colored hair is a commitment to keeping your hair healthy, vibrant, and full of life. By following these tips and investing in quality products, you can enjoy your colored locks for longer without compromising their condition. Remember, with the right care, your colored hair can remain a dazzling testament to your style and personality.