How to DIY Sheet Masks for Your Skin
Jul 07, 2021 - Ujala Safdar -
When your skin is dehydrated, dull and you need instant dose of freshness then sheet masks are your best bet. These masks provide great amount of hydration while making your skin glowing and healthy looking. Most importantly in summers, our skin do need this treat after bearing so much form the heat and harsh environment and if you are daily makeup wearer then you should include sheet masking in your beauty routine. It will protect your skin form blemishes and irritation while hydrating.
Sheet masks are mostly made from cotton or fiber cloth which are then socked in different concoctions containing ingredients suitable for different skin issues. The slippery formula once properly adjusted on the face will be left to dry or to keep on for 15 minutes to let the skin soak all the goodness. These masks help the serums to stay on skin for longer, letting it absorb slowly which is why they provide great hydration and product seeps into deeper layers of skin. You can get masks for hydration, collagen, calming, whitening or brightening etc
Having said that, sheet masks are not very budget friendly options if you want to apply them regularly but the good news is that you can DIY them easily at home. After all they are made of piece of cotton or fiber cloth which then socked in different concoctions which you can cook up easily at home according to your skin type which is quite easy and fun to do. Instead of cloth, you can also use rice papers which are ideal for acne-prone skin, like sebum control, reducing redness and swelling, and mattifying oily skin. If cutting your mask cloth is too much for you, you can buy condensed or compressed mask tablets which will turn into sheet mask when put is liquid with holes for lips, eyes and nose and they are quite easy on pocket. In most packets you can get almost 100 compressed masks for $12.
Whether you choose these compressed masks or make your own with cotton fabric making holes in them, you need some DIY liquid to let them soak in. Today we are sharing few our favorite and most effective DIY sheet mask recipes. We add glycerin in all of the mask recipes which helps to draw moisture into the skin as well as any other oils or ingredients dissolved in it.
Options for sheets
- Condensed sheet masks
- Thin cotton fabric: Cut into face size and make holes for eye, nose and lips
- Rice Paper: Cut into face size and make holes for eye, nose and lips
- Soak mask in milk with 1/2 ts of turmeric and 2tbl of glycerin
- Mix cucumber juice, rose water and glycerin
- Mix water with avocado oil, glycerin and few drops of rose oil
- Mix water with 2tbl of glycerin, rose water, few drops of tea tree oil
- Mix green tea with glycerin and rose water
- Mix rose water, glycerin and argan oil
- Mix rose water with rose hip oil, glycerin and vitamin E oil
- Mix rice water with glycerin, argan oil and rose oil
For Brightening and Tightening
- Mix yogurt with water and add glycerin and turmeric
- Mix orange juice with glycerin and rose oil
- Mix rose water with glycerin and lemon juice